RUSSIAN ARM OPERATOR
July 16, 2017, Uncategorized
FILMOTECHNIC CERTIFIED OPERATOR
Russian Arm System
What is the Russian Arm System?
- The Russian Arm System is the unique combination of the gyro-stabilized Flight Head on the end of a gyro-stabilized remote controlled crane arm.
- It is safely operated via joystick consoles from within the Chase Car.
- It is a high speed mobile crane arm used for photographing moving vehicles from just about any & every angle you want in all weather conditions. Shots are setup on the fly & adjusted instantly. Sequences can be as dynamic as your imagination.
- With the Russian Arm on the chase car you can shoot another moving vehicle from just about any & every angle.
- Shooting can occur in any weather because technicians are shielded from the elements inside the chase car.
- Shots are setup on the fly and can be adjusted instantly.
- Sequences can be as dynamic as your imagination lets them.
System Features & Specifications
- Russian Arm Standard Reach
- Pan & Tilt axis are gyro-stabilized.
- 360° panning capability around the picture vehicle.
- Minimum safe operating camera height off the road surface is 12”.
- Reach from the centre post is 14’.
- Fulcrum sits 8’ off the ground.
- Maximum lens height is 14’, armed 90° to either side of the Chase Car’s chassis.
- With an 18 mm lens a full frame top shot can be achieved.
- Stabilization tail fin allows the Russian Arm to pan side to side, back and forth at high speeds.
- Operating Tilt angle ±45°.
- Speed 6 sec / 360°.
- Max camera payload capacity 25 kg.
- Weight 300 kg (RA, FH, Camera, Counter Weights).
- Set-up Time on the Chase Car: 1.15 hours (including camera).
- Set-up Time on a Picture Vehicle: 2.5 hours (not including vehicle’s prep).
- The RA is fully controlled from within a car and is capable of operating at speeds up to 180 km/hr.
- Russian Arm 19 Extension
- The RA with a 19′ extended reach now achieves a 19′-6″ lens height armed off to the side of the ML55 Chase Car.
- Brooklyn Bridge Certified. Our Toronto bases RA System has been specially rengineered to meet the standards & regulations of the Brooklyn Bridge Engineers (NYC) for weight and height (9′) to enable filming with a camera car system on the bridge.
For details or for more videos visit :
VIDEO: RUSSIAN ARM MTL from russianarmmtl.com